[PCA] TRAINING: Gardener's Training on Global Warming program (fwd)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Tue May 25 07:44:42 CDT 2010

________________________

Hi All,

Last year at one of the PCA monthly meetings I introduced folks to the
Gardener's Training on Global Warming program developed by the National
Wildlife Federation. The program focuses on educating gardeners about
impacts and solutions to Global Warming. I walked through the Power Point
presentation we developed for this program and gathered your feedback.

Now this year, because of support from the Bureau of Land Management, we
are able to role out the program and hold a number of workshops to train
organizations and groups on how they can incorporate this presentation into
their work and train their volunteers and members to utilize this
presentation in their community

Here's a list of upcoming workshops:

- Atlanta Botanical Garden, Wednesday June 2 from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Arboretum at Flagstaff, Thursday June 17, from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. (this
workshop is also for individuals (not just organizations) interested in
learning how to give the presentation)
- Denver Botanic Garden, Monday June 28, from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.

Please pass this email on to anyone you think would be interested in
attending. The more the merrier!!

Folks can feel free to RSVP directly to me at murckj at nwf.org

Thanks,
Jennifer

PS - Learn more about the report that this program is based on at:

http://www.nwf.org/Get-Outside/Outdoor-Activities/Garden-for-Wildlife/Gardening-Tips/Gardeners-Guide-to-Global-Warming.aspx

Jennifer Murck
Researcher and Curriculum Developer
National Wildlife Federation
Pacific Regional Center - Seattle Office
6 Nickerson Street, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98109
206-285-8707 Ext. 107
www.nwf.org/pacific