[PCA] NWF article on plant discoveries

Bruce Stein SteinB at nwf.org
Wed Apr 21 09:40:03 CDT 2010

Last year I posed to the PCA listserve a call for examples of interesting plant discoveries or rediscoveries for possible use in an upcoming feature article in National Wildlife magazine. Thanks to all who responded. Although we often bemoan the underappreciated state of plant conservation and botany in the US, the impressive set of interesting finds sent to me certainly underscored how active and vigorous the field is.

The resulting article has been published in the March/April 2010 issue, and I thought many would be interested in seeing the result. It is available for viewing online at:

http://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/National-Wildlife/News-and-Views/Archives/2010/Hidden-In-Plain-Sight.aspx

Thanks again to all those who responded with great suggestions, and keep those discoveries coming!

Bruce

Bruce A. Stein, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Wildlife Conservation and Global Warming
National Wildlife Federation
901 E Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
phone: (202) 797-6602