[PCA] CONFERENCE: Thousand Cankers of Black Walnut National Conference (Nov 3-4 in St. Louis, MO)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Sep 16 10:53:39 CDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------

A national conference is being planned by the Missouri Department of
Agriculture and the Missouri Department of Conservation for November 3-4,
2009 in St. Louis, Missouri at which researchers, forest health
professionals, regulatory officials and various other stakeholders will be
invited to raise the awareness and understanding of thousand cankers
disease of black walnut.  Presentations will be given by professionals in
walnut industries, forest pathology, forest entomology and state and
federal regulatory agencies (see attached draft agenda).  A panel
discussion will be held on the afternoon of Nov. 4 to discuss future
actions needed to protect our black walnut resource.

We hope that you or representatives of your organization will be able to
attend and participate in this timely and critical discussion at the
Thousand Cankers of Black Walnut National Conference.  Black walnut is a
valuable economic and ecological resource to many states.  It is our desire
that this conference will begin a national dialogue and help protect black
walnuts in the United States.

For more information or to register for the Thousand Cankers of Black
Walnut National Conference, visit
http://mda.mo.gov/plants/pests/thousandcankers.php.  Feel free to forward
this on to other interested parties, or members of the organizations that
you represent.  Some important deadlines to note are: meeting registration
deadline (October 23) and hotel reservation deadline for group rate
(October 13).  We hope to see you in St. Louis!

Sincerely,

Collin Wamsley

State Entomologist
Missouri Department of Agriculture