[PCA] NEWS: Ethanol articles

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri May 15 07:49:32 CDT 2009

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnews/20090514/ts_usnews/ethanolrulingatestforobamaadministration

Ethanol Ruling a Test for Obama Administration
By Kent Garber -- Thu May 14, 4:52 pm ET
U.S. News & World Report

In his inaugural address, President Obama promised "to restore science to
its rightful place." Last week, in arguably one of the toughest tests of
that pledge yet, the Environmental Protection Agency proposed new rules
for calculating greenhouse gas emissions from ethanol.

See the link above for the full article text.

----------------
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20090515/bs_bw/may2009bw20090514058678

The Great Ethanol Scam
BusinessWeek Online
By Ed Wallace Ed Wallace -- 19 mins ago

More than one major transportation-based industry in America besides
Detroit is on the ropes. For the fourth time in our history the ethanol
industry has come undone and is quickly failing nationally. Of course it's
one thing when Detroit collapsed with the economy; after all, that is a
truly free-market enterprise and the economy hasn't been good. But the
fact that the ethanol industry is going bankrupt, when the only reason we
use this additive is a massive government mandate, is outrageous at best.

See the link above for the full article text.