[PCA] NEWS: Tortoise Tales: A bounty of colorful wildflowers

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Apr 8 09:13:22 CDT 2009

http://www.hesperiastar.com/opinion/desert_2602___article.html/plants_native.html

Tortoise Tales: A bounty of colorful wildflowers
April 6, 2009 - 5:23 PM
BY MARGARET FURMAN
SPECIAL TO THE HESPERIA STAR

I hope the late winter arctic blast that arrived after the calendar turned
to spring does not upset our display of wildflowers this year. Until then,
our wet winter suggested an especially good year for visitors arriving to
enjoy our desert blossoms. When living down the hill, I was one of those
who came to the desert in spring to see the wildflowers. It required some
investigation to know when they were blooming. But now that I am a
permanent Hesperia resident, I have only to look out the window to see the
colorful display. I wanted to help. Last fall, I broadcast native
wildflower seeds from the Desert Conservancy in my backyard in expectation
of creating a private perfusion of awe.

See the link above for the full article text.