[PCA] FR Notice: Cirsium vinaceum (Sacramento Mountains Thistle)

megan haidet mahaidet at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 14:40:07 CST 2008

To view the entire FR Notice, visit:
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2008/November/Day-06/e26275.htm

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on a Petition To Delist Cirsium vinaceum (Sacramento Mountains Thistle)

[Federal Register: November 6, 2008 (Volume 73, Number 216)]
[Proposed Rules]
[Page 66003-66009]
>From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:fr06no08-18]

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Fish and Wildlife Service
50 CFR Part 17
[FWS R2 ES 2008 0114; 92220-1113-0000; C5]

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on
a Petition To Delist Cirsium vinaceum (Sacramento Mountains Thistle)

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Notice of 90-day petition finding and initiation of a status
review.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), announce a
90-day finding on a petition to remove the threatened Cirsium vinaceum
(Sacramento Mountains thistle) from the Federal List of Threatened and
Endangered Plants, under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as amended
(Act). We find that the petition presents substantial information
indicating that delisting of C. vinaceum may be warranted. Therefore,
with the publication of this notice, we are initiating a 12-month
status review in response to this petition under section 4(b)(3)(B) of
the Act to determine if delisting the species is warranted. To ensure
that the review is comprehensive, we are soliciting data and other
information regarding C. vinaceum.

DATES: To allow us adequate time to conduct a status review, we request
that information be submitted on or before December 22, 2008.

ADDRESSES: You may submit information by one of the following methods:
    • Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov.
Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
    • U.S. mail or hand-delivery: Public Comments Processing,
Attn: [FWS-R2-ES-2008-0114; Division of Policy and Directives
Management; U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 4401 N. Fairfax Drive,
Suite 222; Arlington, VA 22203.
    We will not accept e-mail or faxes. We will post all information
received on: http://www.regulations.gov. This generally means that we
will post any personal information you provide us (see the Information
Solicited section below for more details).

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Wally ``J'' Murphy, Field Supervisor,
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, New Mexico Ecological Services Office,
2105 Osuna Road, NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113; telephone 505-346-
2525; facsimile 505-346-2542. If you use a telecommunications device
for the deaf (TDD), call the Federal Information Relay Service (FIRS)
at 800-877-8339.