[PCA] WORKSHOPS: Native Plant Art Field Workshops-Mojave Desert (various locations in southern CA)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Mar 6 17:15:50 CST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:09:50 -0700
From: davidson at interpretnature.us

Dear Fellow Native Plant Enthusiasts:

I thought you might be interested in two different approaches in native
plant conservation-through-the-arts workshops (see below).  Examples of
past classes conducted in national parks, monuments and preserves may be
seen on the website listed under my signature. Please feel free to call
me if you have any questions.

The reports on Mojave blooms are already incredible!  Both classes
are great interdisciplinary approaches to hands-on activities that will
help with your botanical pattern/feature recognition skills, add
to fieldwork experience and teaching/research career development, as well
as enrich your nature journaling abilities.

Come and join what will be a fun and educational time!

- Donald

Donald Davidson
davidson at interpretnature.us
http://www.nps.gov/plants/cw/watercolor/index.htm
tel:202-744-3647

CREATE A VISUAL JOURNAL OF DESERT WILDFLOWERS
Oasis Visitor Center at Joshua Tree National Park, CA
Sunday, March 16, 10am-4pm.
Contact: (760) 367-5535
Class # 329
http://www.joshuatree.org/

BOTANICAL ILLUSTRATION OF NATIVE DESERT FLORA - ART 1509
Desert Studies Center in the Mojave National Preserve, Zzyzx, CA
(California State University College of Extended Learning)
Friday, April 4, 7pm, through Sunday, April 6, 3pm.
Contact: (909) 537-5975, 3910 for ART 1509
Schedule # 43453CQ (credit)/43452CQ (non-credit)
http://cel.csusb.edu/desert_studies.html