[PCA] JOB: Modoc Nat'l Forest Botanist (Alturas, CA)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Jan 30 11:45:07 CST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:40:02 -0800
From: Forest J. Gauna <fjrgauna at gmail.com>
Subject: Modoc Nat'l Forest Botanist: be my boss!

Hearken, Phytophiles!

     My boss, the Modoc Forest Botanist, is leaving for another
position.  I need a new boss!  This boss should be amiable, organised,
and above all an excellent botanist.  The position is advertised as a
GS-11, which means that one must have at least a Bachelor's degree as
well as some experience (in field work or grad school).  The Forest is
vast and quiet, and offers an unexpected diversity of plants and
habitats. The Assistant Forest Botanist (yes, you get an underling!)
is also quiet (though not really vast), and a thoroughly agreeable and
friendly person for whom I have the utmost regard.  If you are
interested, please feel free to contact Mario Longoria, Rob Jeffers,
or myself for more info.  Also, attachments.
     Please, also, if you know someone who might be interested, forward
this outreach notice to them, or any appropriate network. Thanks!

With all my courtesy,
Forest Jay Gauna

---

The Modoc NF is outreaching an employment opportunity for a Forest
Botanist.  This outreach notice is in effect till February 22, 2008,
after which selections will be made.  Interested individuals can
access USAJOBS www.usajobs.gov or www.avuedigitalservices.com, to
apply for this position.

Outreach Response Form is attached.  Please print out, fill out, and
mail to Mario Longoria, Forest Civil Rights Officer, at the address
indicated.

Thank you for your cooperation and participation in our outreach efforts.

Mario Longoria
FCRO-Modoc NF
800 West 12th Street
Alturas, CA 96101
530-233-8716
FAX 530-233-8719
mlongoria at fs.fed.us

---

Forest Jay Gauna, Assistant Forest Botanist

Modoc National Forest
800 W. 12th Street, Alturas, CA 96101-3132
Phone: (530) 233-8832  Fax: (530) 233-8709