[PCA] NEWS: Yellowstone National Park recovers from 1988 fires

A & T Schrum agschrum at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 13 19:32:15 CDT 2008

I was there in June of this year and in 2007.  The visible evidence of
the fire still exists with miles of dead-standing trees.  The growth of
grasses and forbs is spectacular.  The forest will not return to its
pre-fire stage until well after my death, but the transformation is
nothing to mourn.  The grasses have proven a boon for grazing wildlife.
The re-introduction of the wolf has restored Yellowstone to a somewhat
balanced ecosystem.  I see nothing but positive outcomes from the fire
20 years ago.

--TS.
www.eco-tlc.com