[PCA] NEWS: Are we science-savvy enough to make informed decisions?

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Aug 13 16:48:29 CDT 2008

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2008-08-11-science-savvy-americans_N.htm

Are we science-savvy enough to make informed decisions?
By G. Jeffrey MacDonald, Special for USA TODAY

For decades, educators and employers have worried that too few Americans
are preparing for careers in science. But there's evidence to support a
new, broader concern in this election year: Ordinary Americans may not
know enough about science to make informed decisions on key questions.

See the link above for the full article text.