[PCA] Designation of Critical Habitat for Catesbaea melanocarpa

Megan_Haidet at fws.gov Megan_Haidet at fws.gov
Tue Aug 22 12:40:53 CDT 2006

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Designation of
Critical Habitat for Catesbaea melanocarpa

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Proposed rule.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), propose to
designate critical habitat for the endangered plant Catesbaea
melanocarpa (no common name) under the Endangered Species Act of 1973,
as amended (Act). In total, approximately 50 acres (ac) (20.2 hectares
(ha)) fall within the boundaries of the proposed critical habitat
designation for C. melanocarpa in one unit located in Christiansted,
St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands. If made final, this proposal may result
in additional requirements under section 7 of the Act for Federal
agencies. No additional requirements are expected for non-Federal
actions. The Service seeks comments on all aspects of this proposal
from the public.

DATES: We will accept comments from all interested parties until
October 23, 2006. We must receive requests for public hearings, in
writing, at the address shown in the ADDRESSES section by October 6, 2006.

ADDRESSES: If you wish to comment, you may submit your comments and
materials concerning this proposal by any one of several methods:
    1. You may submit written comments and information by mail or hand-
delivery to Edwin E. Mu[ntilde]iz, Field Supervisor, U.S. Fish and
Wildlife Service, Caribbean Fish and Wildlife Office, Road 301 Km. 5.1,
P.O. Box 491, Boquer[oacute]n, Puerto Rico 00622.
    2. You may send comments by electronic mail (e-mail) to
marelisa_rivera at fws.gov. Please see the Public Comments Solicited section
below
for file format and other information about electronic filing.
    3. You may fax your comments to 787-851-7440.
    4. You may submit comments via the Federal E-Rulemaking Portal at
http://www.regulations.gov.

For additional information visit:
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2006/August/Day-22/e7029.htm

Megan Haidet