[PCA] WEB: Plant Profiler (Los Angeles/San Gabriel Rivers Watersheds)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Oct 17 11:14:13 CDT 2005

From: Drew Ready <drew at lasgrwc.org>

Hi all,

The Los Angeles and San Gabriel Rivers Watershed Council is testing a
native plant image and info database for the Los Angeles and San Gabriel
Rivers Watersheds. We started with just over 50 taxa that are being
recommended by Los Angeles County Public Works for river adjacent
projects (see:
http://ladpw.org/wmd/watershed/LA/LAR_planting_guidelines_webversion.pdf )
Many of these plants range well into other regions and so this may be
useful for others. We have been gathering photos and information for an
additional 200 plants and those will be posted when time allows.

http://www.theplantprofiler.com/

We would love feedback. Please respond directly to drew at lasgrwc.org. We
are particularly interested in any functional bugs and/or misinformation.
Ideas for further development are also welcome.

Thanks,
Drew

Drew Ready
Sustainable Landscape Program Coordinator
The Los Angeles and San Gabriel Rivers Watershed Council
700 N. Alameda Street, Los Angeles CA
www.lasgrwc.org