[PCA] CONFERENCE: Env. Effects of Ag. Practices: Remediation, Prevention, & Sustainability (Aug '05, Hilo, HI)

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Feb 15 09:43:53 CST 2005

Dear Colleague:

The following conference announcement is a one-time only message which is
being sent to you with the hope that the program will be of interest to
you.  No other messages will be sent via this list so if you would like to
receive updated announcements, reminders of deadlines, etc., please send
email to Ellen Stauffer, Program Coordinator, at ellen at ksu.edu, and
request that we include you in future notices.   Please feel free to
forward this information to any of your colleagues.

*******************
Please plan to join us at the "International Conference on Environmental
Effects of Agricultural Practices: Remediation, Prevention, and
Sustainability."  The conference will be held August 21-24, 2005 at the
Hilo Hawaiian Hotel, 71 Banyan Drive, in Hilo, Hawaii.  Complete
information can be found at
http://www.dce.ksu.edu/dce/conf/ag&environment/.

This conference will provide an opportunity to promote agricultural
productivity and environmental quality worldwide.  The objectives of the

conference are:

- To exchange knowledge about cleanup and restoration technologies for
soil and water impacted by past agricultural practices
- To share international experience in pollution prevention and best
management practices to reduce negative impacts of agricultural practices
- To discuss sustainable agricultural practices

CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite you to participate in the conference by submitting an abstract

for an oral presentation or a poster presentation.  Deadline for
submissions is March 18, 2005.

Presentation topics may include:
- Remediation
- Environmental health
- Risk management
- Sustainable agriculture
- International initiatives, POPs Convention and others
- Pollution prevention and best management practices
- Innovative technologies
- Indigenous approaches
- Ecological restoration

A complete list of suggested topics appears on the conference website
under "Call for Papers".

We hope you will join us for this informative and stimulating conference.
Submit your abstract now!  Stay tuned to the website for further updates
soon.

EXHIBITORS ARE INVITED!
We invite your company or institution to participate in the conference by
setting up a display booth at the conference.  Details will be included
soon on the website noted above.

CONTACT US
Questions about the conference, abstract submission, or exhibiting  may be
directed to Ellen Stauffer, Program Coordinator, at ellen at ksu.edu, or
785-532-2562, 8 am - 5 pm Central Standard Time.

We apologize if you received this message more than once.  We hope you
will share it with your colleagues.  If you would prefer to receive no
other program notices about this conference from Kansas State University,
you may unsubscribe from our mailing list by sending a message to
ellen at ksu.edu with "REMOVE from Ag & Environment" as the subject line, and
your name in the message body.

Ellen Stauffer
Engineering Program Coordinator