[PCA] ORV dust effects on plants and pollination - information needed

Emily Roberson emilyR at plantsocieties.org
Tue Apr 26 18:12:33 CDT 2005

I have a query from a botanist about effects of off road vehicle generated
dust on plants in general and pollination in annuals in particular. I
haven't seen much research on this, and we could certainly use it.

Can anyone point me towards information on ORV dust - or other road dust -
impacts to plants, photosynthesis, transpiration, pollination, etc. ???

Thank you!

Emily

_____________________

Emily B. Roberson, Ph.D.

Director

Native Plant Conservation Campaign

PMB 151 (not p.o.b)

1459 18th St.

San Francisco, CA 94107

Phone: 415 970 0394

Email:  emilyr at plantsocieties.org

Web:    www.plantsocieties.org

The NPCC is a project of the Center for Biological Diversity and the
California Native Plant Society.

The mission of the NPCC is to promote appreciation and conservation of
native plant species and communities through collaboration, education, law,
policy, land use and management.