[PCA] PUBLICATION: Wildflowers of NC (fwd)

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Apr 25 15:02:53 CDT 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:00:09 -0400
From: Kathleen Ketterman <kjketter at email.unc.edu>
To: plant at plantconservation.org
Subject: Wildflowers of NC

Greetings Plant Conservation Alliance (we thought you'd be interested
in the following):

Dear Friends of Wildflowers and Native Plants:

It is my pleasure to update you on the second edition of "Wildflowers
of North Carolina" by William S. Justice, C. Ritchie Bell, and Anne H.
Lindsey.

You probably have a well-worn copy of the first edition and are eagerly
anticipating this new one with 100 additional species and expanded
information to address developments in the field of plant conservation,
providing comments on endangered and protected species, medicinal uses,
the cultivation of species in a wild garden, and the commercial
availability of nursery-grown natives. I've seen an advance copy and it
is spectacular!

Here's a link to a description and the new jacket on our website:

http://uncpress.unc.edu/books/T-7662.html

We've been told that books will reach our warehouse by the end of
April--maybe even a few days before. At that time, we will release all
of the orders we currently have received and books should be available
in North Carolina and other regional bookstores throughout the
Southeast within a week or two following. Individuals and organizations
who have ordered directly from us should receive their copies even
earlier.

If your organization is interested in a bulk purchase for members or
copies for a fund raiser event, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Those of you with a retail establishments may order books from us at a
trade discount with full returns privileges.

"Wildflowers of North Carolina," along with an interview with Ritchie
and Anne and a photo gallery from the book, will be the "spotlight" on
our website during May and June (www.uncpress.unc.edu).

Please feel free to forward this e-mail to others who will be
interested and to let us know how we can best spread the word to all
those who have been waiting for this second edition to bloom.

Cordially yours, Kathleen Ketterman

Kathleen Ketterman, 919-966-3561 ext. 263
Marketing Manager & Assistant Director
UNC Press
P.O. Box 2288, Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2288
Sign up to receive e-alerts for special offers:
http://uncpress.unc.edu/join
Kathleen_Ketterman at unc.edu