[PCA] natives

Sara Tangren satangren at chesapeakenatives.com
Mon Oct 11 21:00:35 CDT 2004

Hi Allison.

I'm curious, do you think straw bale technology could be used to do the
lower wall for the foundation of a greenhouse?

I get your point, alien plants are only part of the problem, native
plants are contending with an entire alien situation.  And with global
warming, that is even more so and more ubiquitous.

I share your frustration with the CRP "native" plantings.  Here in
Maryland they recommend a mix of cultivars of natives and outright
aliens.  It's hard to find a farm field far enough from  the CRP
plantings to avoid cross pollination for my nursery.  We try keeping
them mowed so they don't flower.  Hopefully, eventually, as I turn my
nursery into a nonprofit, perhaps I can have some influence on the CRP
program here.

Best!

Sara

Sara Tangren, Ph.D.
Chesapeake Native Nursery
Mailing Address Only: 326 Boyd Ave. #2, Takoma Park, MD 20912
Phone 301 580 6237
Fax 301 270 4534