[PCA] Native Plant Sale/Shoreline Tour - St. Michaels,MD

Director of Education Dir.Educate at wetland.org
Wed Aug 18 11:38:28 CDT 2004

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE

Based in St. Michaels, Environmental Concern has been "all about
wetlands" for more than 32 years.  Our work in native plant
horticulture, wetland restoration and wetland education has developed a
national reputation.  Learn more about us by logging on to
www.wetland.org <http://www.wetland.org/> .

Make plans to join us for the following events:

*	Living Shorelines Discovery Tour  - September 11, 2004
If you are a waterfront landowner, you may be facing an eroding
shoreline.  To protect your investment, you must stop the erosion.
Wooden or concrete bulkheads and rocked rip-rap do protect shorelines,
but, unlike wetlands, they offer no habitat or water quality benefits.
Environmental Concern has stabilized over 30 miles of shorelines using
wetlands.  The methodology is tried and true.

On September 11, 2004 Environmental Concern will be hosting its second
annual Living Shorelines Discovery Tour.  Together we will tour some of
the shorelines, talk with homeowners who made the vegetated choice, and
learn how wetlands are the smart alternative to rip-rap.  Spaces are
limited.  Please call (410) 745-9620 to reserve a space or for more
information.  A $25 donation is requested - all proceeds are used to
support Eastern Shore wetland education initiatives.

*	Fall Plant Sale and Open House - September 25, 2004
Fall is the perfect time to plant trees and shrubs.  Bring the whole
family to the nation's first wholesale wetland plant nursery.  Browse
aisles of natives, ask your gardening questions to our certified
horticulturists, take a guided tour of a working nursery, and explore
the wonders of wetlands with our education staff.