[MPWG] Go Wild With Herbs - Warren Wilson College 4/20/13

Jeannie Dunn jeanniedunn1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 15:08:06 CDT 2013

We are excited to host a special event to celebrate Earth Week and
discuss herbs and non-timber forest products in the WNC region. There
will be some great organizations present, herbalists and schools, we'd
love to have your support and input at this event.

Warren Wilson College will be co-hosting this event from 2-9pm. We
will have two herb and wild food walks with CoreyPine Shane and Alan
Muskat scheduled that are sponsored by Red Moon Herbs. The Herb Crew
with Warren Wilson will take those interested on a tour with focus on
herbs growing on the farm. There will also be two indoor classes
including a special class on the Wise Woman Way with Corinna Wood of
SE Wise Women and founder of Red Moon Herbs. After classes and walks,
we will have an introduction of all our special guests before a Q&A
format panel discussion regarding the challenges we face in WNC
regarding the herb and non-timber forest products industry. We will
conclude the evening with networking, dinner, drinks and music. We've
really strived to keep the cost low to encourage a large turnout for
this event... we want farmers, wildharvesters, herb students and
herbalists to be able to afford this by only charging $25 for classes,
discussions, dinner and entertainment. Warren Wilson students may
attend for free.

Childcare with activities and a healthy snack from 3:30-7:30 so you
can relax will be available, children's dinner only $3.
Dinner will be served around 6:30-7:00 and will incorporate wild
foods, catering by Marc Williams (botanyeveryday.com) and Michael
Gentry (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Everyone-Cooks-with-Michael-Gentry/232955326746828
)

Here's the link for registration for the 4/20 event with Red Moon
Herbs at Warren Wilson College. All the movers and the shakers in the
herb and non-timber forest products community will be there, hope you
can come too!

At the moment, you can't pay online, but you can fill out the form
online and print, mail your check to 433 Weaverville Hwy, Asheville NC
28804 or fax (or mail) a credit card to: 804-414-9886

http://www.redmoonherbs.com/home/go-wild-with-herbs/

For those wanting to sponsor the event:

There are three options of sponsorship
$200 Level - Promotion on flyers, logo in front of main meeting room,
1-3 minutes to speak about your organization, the opportunity to
include information in the giveaway bag, a 6' full table to sell or
give out information and attendance for two guests to represent your
company.

$75 6' full table to sell or give out information and attendance for
two guests to represent your company. You may also introduce yourself
and take 1-3 minutes to speak about your organization or the
challenges we face in WNC in the herbal products and NTFP industry.
You may also include information in the giveaway bag.

$50 A 1/2 table is only $50 and includes 4 ft of space to display and/
or sell your products, entry for one person for classes, panel
discussion and dinner AND you get 1-3 minutes to introduce yourself.

For the plants,

Jeannie Dunn
Director, RedMoonHerbs.com
Still Made the Wise Woman Way - Fresh, Sustainable, Local