[MPWG] Fwd: Herbal News & Events: Seed Savers, Chinese Medicine, and More

Emanuela Appetiti ceo at medicaltraditions.org
Wed Jun 5 05:54:37 CDT 2013

Hi!

Thought you might be also interested in the "International
Conference and Exhibition on Traditional and Alternative Medicine", to
be held in Hyderabad, India, on December 9-11, 2013:

http://www.omicsgroup.com/conferences/traditional-medicine-2013/ [70]

Major themes:

 	* Aspects and Applications of Traditional Medicine

	* Herbal Medicine-Importance and usage
 	* Ayurveda-The Science of
Eight Components
 	* Unani Medicine
 	* Homeopathy
 	* Yoga as an
alternative therapy
 	* Practices of Traditional Medicine
 	*
Acupuncture
 	* Challenges in Traditional Medicine
 	* Research and
Development in Traditional Medicine

The scientific program presents
already several of the papers scheduled on 9 and 10 of December.

Thanks and best,

Emanuela
---

 [71]

ceo at medicaltraditions.org

+1 202 633 0967

PO Box 7606
Washington, DC 20044-7606
USA

www.medicaltraditions.org [71]

VISIT US IN RAZOO! [72]

On
2013-05-31 10:36, Mark Blumenthal wrote:

> Hi Patricia,
>
> THANK
YOU for informing your MPWG list serve members about ABC's free weekly
"Herbal News & Events." We are deeply grateful to you for the "plug."

> We initiated HNE in June of 2012 as a way to help inform ABC members
and registered users of the ABC website about the many conferences,
symposia, workshops, webinars, etc. that have proliferated in the US and
internationally on the subjects of herbs, medicinal plants, functional
foods, dietary ingredients, essential oils, teas, plant-drug
development, and related subjects. Plus, as you are aware, we also
include a news digest of about 8 or so of US and international media
articles from the previous week(s), as well as some access to ABC
educational content.

> We believe that HNE is an important part of
ABC's unique nonprofit educational mission.

> Herbal News & Events
is free to all registered users of the ABC website. People can go to
www.herbalgram.org to register.

> Thank you again for your kind
mention of this weekly ABC e-newsletter.

> Cordially,
>
> Mark
>

> Mark Blumenthal
> Founder & Executive Director

Editor-in-Chief/Publisher, _HerbalGram_ & HerbClip
> American Botanical
Council
> PO Box 144345
> Austin, TX 78714-4345
> phone: 512-926-4900
x102

"<De Angelis>", Patricia De Angelis <patricia_deangelis at fws.gov>
> Date:
Friday, May 31, 2013 8:29 AM
<mpwg at lists.plantconservation.org>
> Subject: [MPWG] Fwd: Herbal News &
Events: Seed Savers, Chinese Medicine, and More

> Many thanks to the
great folks at American Botanical Council for regularly providing this
informative summary of Herbal News and Events.

> I've included the
text version of the newsletter below. But take a look at it online -
it's gorgeous, at:
http://abc.herbalgram.org/site/R?i=PymFChJYkbzkAIsrRRpDxw [2]

> If
you'd like to subscribe to their email list, click here.

http://abc.herbalgram.org/site/R?i=a0vRRS_EPTVM8ZULCjnubg [3]

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
> Botanist, Division of Scientific
Authority-US Fish & Wildlife Service-International Affairs
> Chair,
Medicinal Plant Working Group-Plant Conservation Alliance
> 4401 N.
Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
> Arlington, VA 22203
> 703-358-1708 x1753

FAX: 703-358-2276

> Promoting sustainable use and conservation of
our native medicinal plants.
> <www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal [4]>

Follow International Affairs
http://twitter.com/USFWSInternatl [5]