[MPWG] Want to study the medicinal plants of the Amazon rainforest?

Nathaniel Putnam nputnam at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 10 10:08:10 CDT 2012

UMass Amherst is planning a field practicum course to Peru in January
called the Shaman's Pharmacy. This is an unique opportunity for
students to study and learn from shaman medicine men in virgin
rainforest and learn about how they use this extraordinary ecosystem
to heal everything from snake bites to diabetes. Applicants must be
currently enrolled in a two or four year college or university. If you
are interested, see the two links below.

http://medicinehunter.com/2013-Shamans-Pharmacy

http://www.ipo.umass.edu/?go=Shaman

  Please share this news with students and other colleagues you might
be interested.

Thank you.

--
Medicinal Plant Program
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

The more high-tech we become, the more nature we need.- Richard Louv

The purpose of education is to empower people
mpwg at lists.plantconservation.orgto take control of their own
lives.

What good is it for a person to gain the whole world, yet lose his/her soul?-
Mark 8:36

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever.-
Ghandi