[MPWG] Fw: [PCA] NEWS: The Pawpaw: Foraging For America's Forgotten Fruit

Aruna Weerasooriya arunaw at olemiss.edu
Fri Sep 30 09:19:52 CDT 2011

As in all other Annonaceae species, Asiminia triloba also has acetogenins. Acetogenins have potent cyto-toxicities against lung, breast and colon carcinoma.
Best,
Aruna

Aruna D. Weerasooriya PhD, FLS.
Senior Research Scientist & Administrator
Maynard W Quimby Medicinal Plant Garden
The University of Mississippi
300, Intramural Field Road Rm. 105
University, MS 38677

Ph: 662 915 5260 (office); 662 202 5717 (cell); Fax: 662 915 5260