[MPWG] Visiting Victoria on Feb. 19...

Melissa Poe melissarpoe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 09:49:41 CST 2011

Dear Rachel and other plants people:

If you have any flexibility with your dates, please consider coming to the
Pacific Northwest/Coast Salish region toward the end of March. There is a
Traditional Food Summit being held in Seattle, WA. First Nations (from BC),
American Indian, and Alaska Native communities will be teaming up with
applied anthropologists and land managers to discuss the cultural and
natural resources issues surrounding traditional foods. More info about the
Summit and registration can be found here:
http://www.sfaa.net/sfaa2011/2011foodsummit.html

Cheers,
Melissa

--
Melissa R. Poe, Ph.D.
Environmental Anthropologist
melissarpoe at gmail.com
ph. 206-473-7880

*The Institute for Culture and Ecology is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose
mission is to conduct collaborative, interdisciplinary research-based
initiatives that foster vibrant and resilient livelihoods, communities, and
ecosystems. We believe that sustainable solutions to environmental problems
require an understanding of the surrounding social complexities. We strive
to be responsive, transparent, and broadly accessible.  As a nonprofit
public charity, IFCAE needs your help to build our organization and carry
out our charitable work. Please see www.ifcae.org for more information about
ways you can help.*