[MPWG] Visiting Victoria on Feb. 19...

Rachel Zimbrick redwoodprana at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 23:21:40 CST 2011

*
Greetings,

I have come from the San Francisco Bay Area and will be spending two weeks
on Vancouver Island/ Victoria, British Columbia.  I am interested in meeting
others with interest in indigenous First Nation foodways, medicines, plant
technologies, and non-timber forest resources.  M
y visit is focused on meeting
    members of the University of Victoria's Environmental Science
Ethnoecology Department and Royal Roads University's Centre for Livelihoods
and Ecology.
 I want to learn about Traditional land management strategies to promote and
maintain abundance of plant species, and apply the knowledge to today's
ecological challenges.  I am interested in participating in the
reconstruction of past plant relationship life-ways and helping steward
privately (or First Nation) owned land to maintain healthy ecosystems.

I am prepared to travel with my car from the mainland to Nanaimo to Victoria
on Feb. 19, and
   plan to be on Vancouver Island until March 8/9.
am seeking temporary housing with others like-minded and accomodating, with
an extra room, couch, or floor space for thermarest.
   Please email me if someone you know might be willing to host a clean and
conscientious guest in this area, to temporarily stay with (or simply meet)
others in common interest.

Thank you!  Joining you in protecting and respectfully engaging with the
forests and their resources...

Sincerely yours,
Rachel Zimbrick

redwoodprana at gmail.com
*
--

May Peace Prevail on Earth and In Our Hearts