[MPWG] Announcement - Weeds, Leaves, Seeds & Shoots

marguerite uhlmann-bower 3moonsisters at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 09:00:34 CDT 2011

*Please pass along. Thank you.
*

*Weeds, Leaves, Seeds and Shoots: Extend your Budget & Steward the Land ©*

A plant identification series will take place once a month over the summer
with a focus on nature and nutrition education. Beginning Wednesday, April
20th and then the first Wednesday there after, May thru October, Marguerite
Uhlmann-Bower R.N., Herbalist will lead the walk at various Delaware County
locations, hosted by 6 county businesses: Quarter Moon Café’ - Delhi,
Turquoise Barn - Bloomville, Tay Tea – Andes, Pepacton Health Foods Store –
Downsville and Masonville General Store - Masonville, Harmony Hill Retreat
Center - East Meredith. The focus of these classes are twofold: ‘Support the
Land that Feeds Us’, and stretch our nutritional food potential. You will
learn about responsible land and water stewarding as well as how to safely
identify, process and preserve these nutrient dense garden weeds into a
table food.

The first of the series will begin on April 20th, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
 We’ll meet at Quarter Moon Café’s woodlands in East Meredith to forage
various spring foods. We’ll then car pool back to the Café in Delhi to learn
how to clean and store the wild foods, as well as taste a couple of Jonah’s
preparations, pairing the wild edibles with some of his new homemade
charcuterie products.

By participating in this grass roots effort, you will be supporting the
education of people and community on the effects that gas drilling has on
our environment, our health and our future. Suggested donation per class:
$15 person. *
Call Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower for class directions and to pre-register at
607-278-9635 or email: 3moonsisters at gmail.com*
(Proceeds will go to CDOG)

*Monthly Information to be covered in addition to identification and food
preparations.*
- Water
- Soil and composting
- Recycling and Community
- Part 1 - Preparing biodynamic preps, and other natural methods for
balancing soil
- Part 2 - Preparing biodynamic preps, and other natural methods for
balancing soil
- Foods and Herbs to detox. land and our human body
- Endocrine disrupting chemicals and the diseases it causes on people,
plants and things

*Dates and locations -*
April 20 - Quarter Moon Cafe' land in East Meredith, NY
May 4 - Turquoise Barn in Bloomville, NY
June 1 - Tay Tea land in East Meredith,NY
July 6 - Pepacton Health Foods Store – land in Downsville,NY
August 3 - Turquoise Barn - Bloomville, NY
September 7 - Harmony Hill Retreat Center - East Meredith, NY
October 5 - Masonville General Store – land in Masonville, NY

*
*

--

" ... change the way you look at things, ... the things you look at change."

Wayne Dwyer

--

Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower
R.N., Herbalist, Reiki