[MPWG] Membership Matters ? February 2010 - All about MPWG and Joining the List!

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Thu Feb 4 13:36:21 CST 2010

News and Information for Medicinal Plant Working Group (MPWG) Listserve
Members, from the MPWG Chair

Hi Everyone!

This email provides basic information about the Medicinal Plant Working
Group (MPWG) listserve.  You should feel free to forward this email to
acquaintances that you think might be interested in joining the listserve.

In this e-mail?.

About the MPWG
About the MPWG Listserve
Subscribing to the MPWG Listserve
MPWG Listserve Archives

For future reference, you can find all of this information on the MPWG
website at: <www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal/mpwglist.htm>.

Thanks!
Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

Promoting sustainable use and conservation of our native medicinal plants.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - - -- - - -- - - -- - - -- - - -- - - --
- - -- - - -- - - -

About the MPWG

The Medicinal Plant Working Group (MPWG) was formed in 1999 to focus
specific attention on issues related to medicinal plant conservation and
sustainable use.  While the discussion should focus primarily on North
American medicinal plant issues, we recognize that there are some common
themes to sustainable use and conservation of medicinal plants around the
world.  Thus, this list also welcomes international subscribers.

**See the MPWG website at: <www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal/>**

About the MPWG Listserve

The MPWG listserve supports discussions about the sustainable use and
conservation of medicinal plants.  Membership is open to everyone and is
free.  The list is hosted by a private webserver and is not moderated, but
members are asked to follow posting guidelines.  As of today, we have 343
members on our listserve!

**See the posting guidelines at:
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal/mpwglist.htm>**

Subscribing to the MPWG Listserve

You must first subscribe to the MPWG listserve before you can "post," or
send a message out to all the subscribers.

To subscribe:  Send an e-mail with the message ?SUBSCRIBE? in the body
(not the subject) of the e-mail to:
mpwg-request at lists.plantconservation.org

MPWG Listserve Archives

The MPWG listserve archives go back to September 2003!

**See archived messages, at:
<http://lists.plantconservation.org/pipermail/mpwg_lists.plantconservation.org/>**

Membership Matters ? February 2010