[MPWG] Can't say whether size matters or not, but knowledge matters

Terressentials terressentials at mailworks.org
Sun Nov 1 13:22:07 CST 2009

Hi, Isla.

Am I interpreting your email correctly to understand that you believe
that we should not use this forum to discuss herbals that have the
potential to stimulate sexual desire?  If this is not your opinion, then
please excuse my misunderstanding and disregard this email.

However, if this is your opinion then, with all due respect, I beg to
disagree.  While I do agree with your premise that sexual desire
involves not just physical health and well-being, but also how a partner
in the relationship is being treated and respected, at times there is an
underlying physiological imbalance that an "aphrodisiac" might be able
to correct.  Sexual desire, along with the ability to enjoy sex and
experience sexual fulfillment are normal physiological functions, and I
believe that healers should be able to use all available methods to help
their patients achieve full and normal functioning of their bodies so
that the individual can have balance -- good health and peace of mind.

Over the years, I have heard from many women of a wide range of ages --
30's, 40', 50' and up -- who suffer from endocrine malfunction with
decreased energy and libido.  Many are depressed because of their lack
of energy and because they have little or no sexual desire.  If there is
real endocrine dysfunction and not just a situational or behavioral
problem, then adjustment of diet -- foods and herbs -- should be
investigated.  If there are herbs that are being safely used to help
women (or men) with this condition then I, for one, would welcome
learning more about them.

I would like to say, however, that I am not speaking of using herbals
for ego-boosting, vanity or purely recreational purposes, I am speaking
of herbals as treatments for legitimate clinical diagnoses of endocrine
malfunction or problematic menopause issues.

Kind regards,

Diana Kaye