[MPWG] Pharmacy Gardens Project: A Way of Sustainable Cultivation, Research/Education, and Community Health Care

Bridget Molloy bridget.molloy1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 07:28:38 CDT 2009

Greetings MPWG Members!

I am in the process of looking for a research lab within a Botanical Garden
or University, or study under someone that is looking at the applications of
botanical medicine to areas of either a) reproductive or women’s health, or
b) immunology and infectious disease or c) conservation and sustainable
bioprospecting methods. I am interested in developing, or working on an
existing project dealing with these aspects in addition to utilizing
“Pharmacy Gardens” as a means of sustainable botanical medicine cultivation
and community health care. I also plan on applying for graduate or medical
school after a year or so of research/work and idea development, and would
like to work on this kind of project.

I recently completed my Bachelors Degree from the University of Colorado at
Boulder, where I graduated in Molecular/Cellular/Developmental Biology, as
well as in Ecological and Evolutionary Biology with honors (*cum Laude*). My
strengths are in reproductive health, immunology, oncology, biochemistry,
community health and programming, invasive/native plant field studies,
climate change, gardening/design, and beginning studies in herbal medicine.
In the future hope to develop a Botanical Health Garden (for researchers and
health practitioners) complete with an integrative health clinic, as well as
workshops for medicinal community health programs through pharmacy gardens
and community gardens.

I would love any response if you have any questions, suggestions, requests
for my resume, job/internship opportunities you would like to share with me,
or are interested in my work. Thank you!

 Bridget Molloy

Bridget.molloy1 at gmail.com

B.A. University of Colorado at Boulder

Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology

Ecological and Evolutionary Biology, *cum Laude*