[MPWG] Weaving Herbs into Your Nursing Practice

marguerite uhlmann-bower 3moonsisters at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 10:01:32 CST 2008

Dear MPWG

We'd like to announce a 2 day weekend program to be offered at your place of
choice - 'Weaving Herbs into (Y)our Nursing Practice'. It is intended for
nurses (LPN, RN, NP) as well as the herbalist and natural healers who wish
to integrate Botanicals and the nursing model in their practice.

As many of us already know, the use of herbs in our culture has grown
astronomically over the last few years. As registered nurses and herbalists
who use traditional herbal preparations in our practices, we are very
pleased to share our hands-on, educational workshop with holistic wellness
seekers. Our program weaves together traditional herbal practices with
science, research and the conventional medical model.

Our purpose is twofold. First, to shed the fears that western practitioners
and health care workers have about herbal safety and efficacy. Secondly,
we'd like to help pave the way for the introduction and safe use of
practical botanical applications in various therapeutic settings such as
acute and chronic care, clinic, private practice and home visiting health
care.

One question we are often asked is how we personally integrate time-honored
and evidence-based herbal therapies into our practices? We do this using the
nursing process: nursing interventions, diagnosis and theory. Which is then
weaved in with sound, centuries old traditional methods of healing.
Resulting in a rewarding patient - healer exchange. Bringing in freedom of
choice for patient, with optimal education and safety teaching provided by
the nurse or health practitioner.

Our program syllabus is in an attachment. Please take a few moments to
review it.  We're confident our program will enrich your practice or
curriculum. If you would like additional information, please contact us at *
TheHerbalNurses at gmail.com* <TheHerbalNurses at gmail.com> or call us by phone.

Bonnie Kavanagh, R.N., Herbalist
Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower, R.N., Herbalist
TheHerbalNurses
10517 Turnpike Rd.
East Meredith, NY 13757
(607) 278-9635