[MPWG] CALL: Proposed Rule to amend Endangered Species Act - Comment by September 15, 2008

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Aug 27 08:33:45 CDT 2008

Interagency Cooperation Under the Endangered Species Act
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/pdfs/fr/fr73-47868.pdf

SUMMARY: The United States Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) and the
National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) (collectively, "Services" or
"we") propose to amend regulations governing interagency cooperation
under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as amended (Act). The Services
are proposing these changes to clarify several definitions, to clarify
when the section 7 regulations are applicable and the correct standards
for effects analysis, and to establish time frames for the informal
consultation process.

DATES: We must receive your comments by September 15, 2008 to ensure their
full consideration in the final decision on this proposal.

ADDRESSES: Submit your comments or materials concerning this proposed rule
in one of the following ways: (1) Through the Federal eRulemaking Portal
at www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions on the Web site for
submitting comments. (2) By U.S. mail or hand-delivery to Public Comment
Processing, Attention: 1018?AT50, Division of Policy and Directives
Management, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 4401 North Fairfax Drive,
Suite 222, Arlington, VA 22203. We will not accept e-mail or faxes. We
will post all comments on http:// www.regulations.gov. This generally
means that we will post any personal information you provide us (see the
Public Comments section below for more information).

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Office of the Assistant Secretary for
Fish and Wildlife and Parks, 1849 C Street, NW., Washington, DC 20240;
telephone: 202?208?4416; or James H. Lecky, Director, Office of Protected
Resources, National Marine Fisheries Service, 1315 East-West Highway,
Silver Spring, MD 20910; telephone: 301?713?2332.

For full proposed rule, see:
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/pdfs/fr/fr73-47868.pdf