[MPWG] [PCA] Celebrate HerbDay 2007!

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Thu Oct 11 16:35:02 CDT 2007

Look for an HerbDay event in your area, or it's not too late to hold an
event in your area.  I'll be at the USBG in D.C. for HerbDay - hope to see
you there!

Happy Herbing!
-Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

The second national HerbDay is October 13th and you are invited to
celebrate the importance of herbs and herbalism!

What is it?  A coordinated series of of independently produced public
educational events celebrating the importance of herbs and herbalism in
the U.S. and abroad!

HerbDay was conceived of by the HerbDay Coalition to raise public
awareness about the significance of herbs in our lives and the many ways
herbs can be used safely and creatively for health, beauty care, and
culinary enjoyment. Greater familiarity with herbs will increase informed
use of herbal products and build public support for maintaining personal
choice in the use of botanicals.

Find an HerbDay event near you!  To participate in HerbDay (either as an
event organizer or attendee), visit www.herbday.org.

HerbDay activities range from lectures and workshops by herbalists; herb
walks; cooking demonstrations featuring herbs and spices; seasonal herbal
handcrafts; herbal beauty product demonstrations; demonstrations by herb
company representatives; and children's activities with herbal themes.

 HerbDay at the U.S. Botanic Garden: October 12-13:  Spend HerbDay in the
U.S. Botanic Garden Conservatory where more than 40 talks and a variety of
activities (for children and adults) will celebrate the importance of
herbs and herbalism.

On Friday, Oct. 12, 10:00 a.m. – 4:50 p.m., the USBG will host six
lectures on herbs and herbalism in the Conservatory Classroom. Lecture fee
and pre-registration required. See details:
http://www.usbg.gov/education/events/HerbDay-Celebrate-Herbs-and-Herbalism.cfm

On Saturday, Oct. 13, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., there will be
demonstrations, tours, children’s activities, discussions, and information
tables throughout the Conservatory . Free to the public. Details online:
http://www.usbg.gov/education/events/Herb-Day-Festival.cfm

Organizers:  The HerbDay Coalition includes these five nonprofit
organizations with interests in herbs and herbalism:

2007

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

Disclaimer
Posts on this list reflect only the opinion of the individual who is posting the message; they are not official opinions or positions of the Plant Conservation Alliance.