[MPWG] Medicinal Plant Working Group Monitoring Projects - we need you!

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Tue May 8 14:14:03 CDT 2007

The US. Forest Service and Garden Club of America have collaborated with
MPWG to lead medicinal plant monitoring projects since the year 2000!
This year, there are two projects in Virginia:

VOLUNTEER FOR OUR FIELD PROJECTS - SPACE IS LIMITED
2007 MPWG-Conservation Committee Projects
Black cohosh (Actaea (Cimicifuga) racemosa) cohosh monitoring
Reddish Knob, near Harrisonburg, VA (Jun. 24-26)
Mt. Rogers Recreation Area, Marion, VA (Aug. 26-28)
in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests

These projects are designed for volunteers!
While no experience is necessary, it doesn't hurt - and a love for plants
helps, too!  These projects are not for the feint-of-heart - it's field
work.  But, the company and the environs make it worth your while!

Read more!
...about the projects by visiting our homepage at:
http://www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal/index.htm.

Volunteer!
...for a project by filling out the registration form at:
http://www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal/projects/2007VARegistration.pdf

Thank you!
-Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>