[MPWG] Fw: National Policy Training Opportunity- Week In Washington, June 11-14, 2007

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Wed May 2 15:50:44 CDT 2007

Pardon the multiple listings!  Forwarding this message for an opportunity
that is relevant to many aspects of PCA and its members!

The National Network of Forest Practitioners: 2006 Week in Washington -
This year's theme: The Farm Bill and Rural Community Based Forestry:
A Training to Maximize Opportunities.

Read on!
-Patricia

Colin Donohue <colin at nnfp.org>
05/02/2007 04:38 PM

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
cc

Subject
Fwd: National Policy Training Opportunity- Week In Washington,  June
11-14, 2007

 10th Annual

Community Forestry

Week in Washington
June 11-14, 2007

Apply by May 11th!

Learn ° Network ° Educate

The Farm Bill and Rural Community Based Forestry:
A Training to Maximize Opportunities

The National Community-Based Forestry Week in Washington is a workshop
designed to build capacity among forest practitioners to effectively
participate in the national policy dialogue. Participants will receive
training on how national policy is developed and will learn how to
translate their concerns and issues into effective policy messages. They
will present these messages at meetings and briefings with key
representatives from federal agencies and Congressional committees and
begin to establish relationships for long term success in national policy.
This year’s workshop will focus specifically on private lands issues and
will look at a major legislative opportunity, the Farm Bill, to explore
and develop ideas for how community-based forestry practitioners across
the country can engage and network in discussions about this issue.

2006 Week in Washington
DRAFT AGENDA

Sunday, June 10th

Arrivals, Optional group dinner

Monday, June 11th

Training: Community-based Forestry and the National Policy Arena

Tuesday, June 12th

Training: Federal Legislative & Appropriations Processes
Federal Agency Structure and Operations

Wednesday, June 13th

Agency and Congressional Briefings and Meetings

Thursday, June 14th

Agency and Congressional Briefings and Meetings/Closing Dinner
and Celebration

Friday, June 15th

Depart or tour Washington, D.C. on your own

Attendance is limited and a commitment to do preparation work before the
event is required, however there will be help if you need it. If you are
interested in finding out more information about the Community-Based
Forestry National Week in Washington, please contact Wendy Gerlitz at
(503)449-0009 or wgerlitz at nnfp.org More information, application materials
and a scholarship application can also be found on our web site
www.nnfp.org

Application deadline: May 11, 2007
Limited financial assistance is available
Sponsored By:

 "This training was invaluable to me and my community. I learned
how important federal policy is to our forestry efforts and started
makinglife-long connections to the people that can
get things done in D.C."
Mary Cox, Former Participant Week in Washington

For More Information!

Please Contact Wendy at (503) 449-0009 or wgerlitz at nnfp.org

To Register:
Contact Cynthia at (740) 593-TREE (8733) or cynthia at nnfp.org