[MPWG] Federal Land Management Policy and Hypocrisy

MoonBranch Botanicals moonbranch at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 10:52:18 CDT 2007

Could be because habitat destruction of areas where medicinal plants grow is an issue that's often swept under the rug, Jim. It is especially pertinent when the destruction is carried out under the supervision of the same government that is supposed to be aiding in their conservation. As a taxpaying citizen, I find it ironic and counterproductive that while one Federal agency is working hard to ensure the survival of some species others are aiding and abetting their destruction.

Additionally, in communities with natural resource based economies, people who have relied on that resource for generations are finding themselves subject to policies that are handed down from central governing bodies that make little sense to them in regards to their experience utilizing and managing that resource base. Where this becomes an issue, and where policy fails, is when that same governing body or its agents appear to be acting in an inconsistent manner regarding the very policies they are attempting to enforce.

What could be more pertinent to this discussion?

Respectfully,
Robin