[MPWG] lady slipper discussion

ForestRuss at aol.com ForestRuss at aol.com
Tue May 1 08:05:00 CDT 2007

MPWG:

I have really enjoyed the discussion on lady slipper cultivation because it
is a plant I have encountered with regular frequency during my entire working
life as a private sector forester.  I have always heard about the
difficulties of propagating or transplanting it but I have never really  read or heard
much on the habitat of the beast.  Some of the posts have  matched my
observations from the wild.  However there are some pretty big  differences between
habitats for pink lady slipper in glaciated areas of  southern Vermont and
central West Virginia.

I would appreciate thoughts on proactive ways that "in situ conservation"
could be applied to expand existing populations.

Russ Richardson
Crummies Creek Tree Farm
PO Box 207
Arnoldsburg, WV 25234