[MPWG] Pinyon Harvest 2006 news and order information

penny at pinenut.com penny at pinenut.com
Fri Sep 15 13:52:47 CDT 2006

Greetings from www.pinenut.com and Pinon Penny

The Nevada Soft shell pine nut harvest has begun. We are sending out this single mailing notice to all friends and clients.

You may now place soft shell pine nut orders at:. http://www.pinenut.com/order-products.htm Be sure to scroll to the bulk  if your usual order is 10 lbs or more. Orders will be shipped in about 3 weeks. Charge cards are NOT billed unti we are ready to ship. However, we will prepare you mailing labels and invoices, thus your order will ship early and not be delayed. The first week in October is a very busy time and orders are shipped in accordance with the date they were placed.

If you wish to order 25 lbs or more, you should call me and we will discount the order . 1800.267.6680

HARVEST INFORMATION:

This year many of the Nevada harvest areas were blighted. Prices may rise as many traditional harvest areas are not harvestable this year. Our pickers are working in south west Utah. Our harvest areas have older trees and we will again be able to supple large nuts. The New Mexico harvest reports are sparse and we are awaiting more information. WE do not expect the harvest to be any where near the 1.5 million lbs that came out last year. The hard shell pricing is anticipated to rise as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call at 1.800.267.6680. Also, our new site, www.wildcrops.com might be of interest as we expanding our work with Ozark Native Species.

Thank you,

Penny Frazier

Goods From The Woods