[MPWG] World Garden

Paul Duncan pduncan at uga.edu
Wed Jan 25 10:03:04 CST 2006

Hola Amigos--

We are developing ethnobotanical gardens at local elementary schools
in Athens, GA as part of an environmental education outreach
initiative tied to the Univ. of Georgia Latin American Ethnobotanical
Garden.  I was wondering if any of you have suggestions of
ethnobotanically-important, Africa-native plant species, preferably
non-invasive, annual or perennial, that will grow in USA zone 7.
Ideally we are looking for plants that are available through mail
order as plant or seed.  In addition to raised beds for annual crops,
we are developing a "world garden."  Thanks in advance for any
suggestions,

Paul Duncan, Assist. Dir.
Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies
University of Georgia
290 S. Hull St.
Athens, GA 30602
pduncan at uga.edu