[MPWG] EDU: MS Grad Research Asst. in Native Plants (Utah State Univ)

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Tue Jan 24 07:55:41 CST 2006

From: Tom Jones <tomjones at cc.usu.edu>

M.S. Graduate Research Assistantships in Native Plants Available at Utah
State University

This is a research assistantship opportunity at Utah State University
(Logan, UT) for two M.S. students interested in native plant ecophysiology
and/or native plant materials development.  Our purpose is to perform
research in support of development of restoration plant materials for the
semi-arid Intermountain West, e.g., desirable plant/weed competition,
seedling establishment, drought resistance, or genetic diversity.
Students may affiliate with either the Dept. of Forest, Range, and
Wildlife Sciences (College of Natural Resources) or the Dept. of Plants,
Soils, and Biometeorology (College of Agriculture).  We have financial
support, excellent field and greenhouse facilities, state-of-the-art
facilities and equipment, meaningful interaction with land management
agencies and the seed industry, and a beautiful mountain setting.  We
currently have a native plant graduate group of about 20 students and 26
faculty operating across four departments and four colleges at the
university.  For more information, contact Tom Jones (435-797-3082,
tomjones at cc.usu.edu).