[MPWG] Upcoming USFWS Public Meeting on Ginseng

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Fri Jan 6 16:07:43 CST 2006

Several people have contacted me with questions about the upcoming USFWS
public meeting on ginseng (Panax quinquefolius; posted by Pat Ford on
2/2/06).  The summary in the FEDERAL REGISTER notice is somewhat confusing.
The three dates are:

DATES: The meeting dates are:
1. January 31, 2006, 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., Moon Township (Pittsburgh), PA.
2. February 10, 2006, 8 a.m. to 12 noon, Asheville, NC.
3. February 15, 2006, 8 a.m. to 12 noon, Indianapolis, IN.

TO CLARIFY,
++The public is invited to attend THE ENTIRE DAY’S SESSION on January 31 -
from 8am to 6pm!++
++The January 31 meeting will be THE ONLY MEETING AND LOCATION at which
these presentations will be made.++

I hope this clarifies things for you and hope to see you there.

-Patricia

The full notice can be found at:
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20051800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2005/pdf/E5-8014.pdf

To see the initial posting of this message on the MPWG listserve:
http://cpanel.wispme.com/pipermail/mpwg_lists.plantconservation.org/2006-January/000974.html

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>