[MPWG] New Orleans Free Clinics and Herbalists

Stiki Niki texas_herbalist at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:31:14 CST 2006

Hello All

I wrote this article to try to share my excitement about the clinics in New
Orleans.  I am sending it to my extended network to try to raise
support(herb donations, practitioner support, and funding) for the
herbalists there.  There is so much potential for this to become a model
that other parts of the country could work with.  Just think that such a
tragic event could foster such a beautiful response!
Please read the article and forward to those you may feel would be
interested in donating.  I just received an updated list of needs from my
friends there.
Niki
You may contact the herbalists there directly at 515-361-9800.  Ask for Sera
or Rachel  Direct email may be sent to healthalgiers at yahoo.com ATTN:
Herbalists

List of needs
Lung Tonics, respiratory and anti-infectives, immune enhancing herbs,
adaptogens, alteratives, nervines, and herbs for stress, skin problems,
women's health, and high blood pressure
Single Plants Milky Oat Seed, Mullein, Osha, Lomatium, Hawthorne, Bayberry,
Yerba Santa, Echinacea, Goldenseal, Myrhh, Nettle, Red Clover, Dandelion,
Milk Thistle, PAssion Flower, White Willow Bark, Cramp BArk, Vitex, Dong
Quai. Witch Hazel, Raspberry Leaf, Thuja, Lemon, Balm, Jewelweed,
Acidophilus, Fish OIls, Vitamins
Ess OIls of Rosemary and Lavender
Salves of Goldeseal, Poplar or Cottonwood bud oil, St JOwn's Wort Oil,
Honey, Glycerine, amber bottles, twist caps, small baggies, capsule machine
Please include a packing slip with your name, contact label and all boxes
label "HERBS" to
Common Ground Health Clinic 1400 Teche Street Algiers/New Orleans LA 70114
Thanks so much
Nicole Telkes
www.wildflowerschool.com