[MPWG] US grown Chinese Herbs

Kolleen Gowans wildherbs at qwest.net
Sat Nov 19 03:51:14 CST 2005

I¹m curious about the Project by the Medicinal Herb Consortium (MHC) to grow
and evaluate Chinese herbs cultivated in the US by the Consortium¹s various
member farms. Has anyone heard any feedback from practitioners about the
quality of the herbs yet?
>From the articles I¹ve read it seems the Consortium is analysing the
sustainability, the growers¹ and buyers¹ economics, and the quality (from a
practitioner¹s clinical perspective). Are any other analytical methods being
done to compare the US grown Chinese herbs to Chinese grown Chinese herbs?
Certainly the recently mentioned issues regarding nomenclature and
environmental impact apply here as well.

Some background in the web articles:
> http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/online/giblette.html
> http://spectre.nmsu.edu/media/news2.lasso?i=774

Can anyone share an update or insight to this MHC project?

Thanks,
Kolleen Gowans
MSc Herbal Medicine