[MPWG] "prohibited substances"

cafesombra at aol.com cafesombra at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 12:55:17 CST 2005

Hello,
I hope someone can help...

Do you know a source where information about "prohibited substances" in dietary supplements for Olympic class athletes may be found?  For example, we know ephadra has been banned.  But the website used by the athletes themselves to check the list of prohibited substances does not cover any herbal supplements, not even ephedra.  It just says "take dietary supplements like vitamins and herbal remedies at your own risk; they may contain prohibited substances."
I live in a community mad about sports and have a need to provide this information for athletes.  My question at this time is specifically about Lobelia inflata.
Here is the USADA website athletes use:
https://www.usantidoping.org/default.aspx

Any suggestions?  would be greatly appreciated, thanks,
Jennifer C.