[MPWG] FW: Safed Moosli in North Florida

pankaj oudhia pankajoudhia at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 00:24:45 CST 2005

Dear Group Members,

       I have received query from North Florida for the cultivation of Indian medicinal plants (Message is pasted below). Safed Moosli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) and Satavar (Asparagus racemosus). I am not aware of climatic and edaphic conditions of zone 8. Please inform me more about it and also try to answer his query.

regards
Pankaj Oudhia
 Dr. Pankaj Oudhia,  I am intersted in the moosli plant. I have a farm in North Florida and sell my produce at a local farmers market. Many of my customers are of Indian descent and constantly ask me if I would grow plants of Eastern origin. Would plants such as satawar and moosli do well in a zone 8  where we have frequent sub 32 F days in the winter.              Thanks, William Gibbons   WellbornFarms at aol.com