[MPWG] GIS and Medicinal Plants

AngelGdnr at aol.com AngelGdnr at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 20:35:21 CST 2005

I am beginning to utilize Geographical Information Technology (GIS/GPS) to
map, study, and model existing and potential environments. Would like very much
to involve myself in GIS projects that would benefit the medicinal plant
community, both the people in it and of course the plants, habitats and environment
that sustains them.

I would like to hear from the list-serve about projects being done or
projects that have been completed.

Would like to hear what this Community would see as a beneficial projects to
pursue.

Would like to know of any available data sets, base maps or programs that
would work specifically well for GIS projects and medicinal plants.

And last but not least I would especially like to be involved in any GIS
projects of this nature in Atlanta, GA or surrounding areas which is where I live.
 Although I am certainly willing to travel and often do to be a part of
projects elsewhere, especially to FLA, CA, CO, NC and HI. Would also be happy to
consider helping in International projects of this nature.

Does anyone want to continue a conversation on GIS and Medicinal Plants?

Regards,
DeAnna Hohnhorst
GIS Apprentice
Decatur, GA USA