[MPWG] Re: Poachers endanger Kentucky's ginseng

Eric T. Jones etj-list at ifcae.org
Tue Jun 7 13:13:12 CDT 2005

I find it very disappointing that poorly written/poorly researched
newspaper articles repeatedly get reposted on important lists such as the
Medicinal Plant Working Group, a place where we need to be having
discussions based on rigorous science and dependable observation.  Such
repostings do little but spread misinformation and fear and make it harder
for those harvesters that are truly dedicated to stewarding the
resource.  Can we not have a higher standard and dispense with the propoganda?

- Eric