[MPWG] World Challenge - Best Sustainable Enterprise Award Nominations

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Jan 19 10:13:46 CST 2005

Check the website at the end for more info, I don't know anything about
the contest beyond what I'm pasting here.

-------------------------------------

-- THE WORLD CHALLENGE --
NOMINATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED:
$20,000 AWARD FOR THE BEST SUSTAINABLE ENTERPRISE

A worldwide search is on to find the best example of a grassroots
environmentally-sound business.

BBC World TV viewers and Newsweek readers are being asked to nominate
those entrepreneurs whom are making a profit for the benefit of
communities and the environment. Nominations are being accepted January
4 - April 4, 2005.

Sponsored by Shell and handled by the BBC, the competition is looking for
good examples of individuals, groups, or small-scale businesses from
around the world who are saving the earth as well as making money.

The "12 of the best" nominations will be selected by a panel of experts
from organizations such as the World Bank, BBC, Intermediate Technology
Development Group, and others, and announced on May 9, 2005.

These nominations will be filmed, and the watching and reading public can
vote August 8 - October 16, 2005, for their favorite example of
sustainable enterprise.

The winner will be announced in early November, and will be presented with
a prize of $20,000 in an awards ceremony in London.

To find out more, please see the website: www.theworldchallenge.co.uk