[MPWG] Cultivation of Medicinal Plants

Anita Hayden hayden at nativeamericanbotanics.com
Fri Jan 7 10:49:38 CST 2005

As a fellow grower and a lurker on this listserve, I am in complete
agreement with the beautifully articulated comments of Ms. Giblette. I hope
in the coming year, the MPWG can facilitate and promote more discussions of
issues surrounding appropriate cultivation methods for Medicinal Plants. We
have much to learn and re-learn. not only from the early pioneers, but also
from new biotechnology approaches, advanced propagation methods for
hard-to-grow and slow-growing crops, genetic ID of seeds, and conversations
on sustainable production and use. I feel they all are valid pieces of the
discussion if our goals include Sustainability, Quality, and Respect for our
beautiful planet.

Sincerely,

Anita (Teena) Hayden, PhD

Vice President