[MPWG] Medicinal Plants Conference in India

JPS Kohli info at businesshorizons.com
Thu Jan 6 05:21:04 CST 2005

It is our great pleasure to invite you to participate in the International Conference on “Promotion and development of botanicals through international coordination: Exploring quality, safety, efficacy and regulations”, being organized on February 25- 26, 2005 at Kolkata. The conference is supported by Drug Information Association [DIA], USA and being organized by School of Natural Product Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata and Indian Institute of Chemical Biology [IICB].

Renewed interest in Natural Health Products [NHP] globally has opened so many new areas for exploration of natural products particularly Phytomedicines, which require coordination and harmonization of regulations related to their research and development as both pharmaceuticals and food supplements. This Conference shall explore the emerging scenario for development of NHP and group together necessary aspects related to drug development from natural resources through international coordination. There have been inconsistencies in the control of herbal products around the globe and number of initiatives have been taken to provide a more harmonized and consistent regime. This conference will provide an ideal platform for interaction, debate, fusion and dissemination of ideas between national and international scientists and Professionals involved.

The focus area of the conference will be to address some of the crucial and contemporary issues on NHP related to their promotion and development with international coordination so much so exploring their quality, safety, efficacy and regulatory perspectives. We cordially invite you to attend the conference and join the array of NHP Professionals, eminent scientists and technologists to make the deliberations exciting and add value through your participation, in making this event a great success.

We would like to extend our most cordial welcome for fruitful conference and enjoyable stay at Kolkata.

Details can be had from the website - http://www.iicb.res.in/DIA.htm

With best regards

J P S Kohli (B. Pharm)
Business Horizons