[MPWG] Nature Publishing Groups new bookmarking tool for scientists -

Sonya msredsonya at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 6 00:15:01 CST 2005

NPG's new bookmarking tool for scientists -
Connotea (http://www.connotea.org/). This is a free service and is being run
on an experimental basis - in much the same way as the Urchin RSS aggregator
(http://urchin.sourceforge.net/) has been made available. We just added a
couple new features last week and are now looking to promote it further. Any
ideas on how to advertise this service more widely to the general scientific
community would be gladly appreciated. For example, how to make it known to
both students and faculty? One of the challenges I guess for us is how to
educate folks to make effective use of this new breed of tool. We also need
their input in steering the onward development of what effectively is a
web-based citation manager.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Hammond
New Technology, Nature Publishing Group
4 Crinan Street, London N1 9XW, UK
tel:+44-20-7843-4659
mailto:t.hammond at nature.com

Sonya  PLoS Medicine
The open-access general medical journal from the Public Library of Science
Inaugural issue: Autumn 2004   Share your discoveries with the world.
http://www.plosmedicine.org