[MPWG] PUBLICATION: Medicinal Plants of the Southern Appalachians

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Dec 19 16:27:07 CST 2005

Here's an announcement about Patricia Kyritsi Howell's Medicinal Plants of
the Southern Appalachians.  For more info about the book or other
questions, please contact the publisher listed below as I have no
connection or extra info about this book.

From: BotanoLogos Books, PO Box W, Mountain City, GA 30562
(http://www.botanologos.com/)

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm thrilled to announce that my book, Medicinal Plants of the Southern
Appalachians, is about to go to press.  It's being published by my newly
formed publishing company, BotanoLogos Books. Very exciting!

The book is already attracting wonderful attention (see below).

I'm writing to ask for your help as I make the final push. Every book sold
before the book is printed lowers the cost of the first run.  When you
purchase one or more copies now, as soon as the books are released in
January, I'll send you a signed copy; and you'll be one of the first to
own a first edition of the book.

In order for your purchase to support this crucial last stage of
production, please send in your orders as soon as you possibly can.
Consider getting additional copies for your local library, friends, family
and colleagues.  I will be more than happy to sign and/or personalize each
volume you order and ship it directly to anyone per your instructions.

You may want to give a gift certificate for the book, which is an
attractive greeting card displaying the book's front cover with a hand
written note from me inside. I will mail the gift card immediately after
hearing from you.

You may phone me at (706) 746-5485 to place your order using Visa or
MasterCard or to let me know you are sending a check.  Scroll down for
pricing details.

My sincerest thanks for your support. I hope you like the book!

Here's wishing you wonderful holidays and all the best in the New Year,

Patricia Kyritsi Howell

Advance Praise for Medicinal Plants of the Southern Appalachians...

"This is one volume that I want to own as we enter the post-corporate age:
a priceless guide to Southern plant alchemy. This practical yet enchanting
botanical brings an ancient art to modernity.  These pages are as rich as
the cove forests they honor. Even to peruse Howell's manual is healing,
and exhilarating, not only because of the book's inherent beauty, but
because it contains vital knowledge all of us will need as fossil fuels
dwindle and we return to the local. One day this book may save your life."
     Janisse Ray, author of Ecology of a Cracker Childhood, Wild Card
Quilt,
     and Pinhook: Finding Wholeness in a Fragmented Land

"An elegant introduction presented in a clear-as-a-bell style that
educates as well as entertains."
     Peter Loewer, author of The Wild Gardener and Jefferson's Garden

"There are many comprehensive volumes about medicinal plants in other
regions of North America but none for the botanically rich southeast. Now,
a widely experienced and knowledgeable herbalist has written a thorough
guide to the virtues of Yellow Root, Rabbit Tobacco, Dogwood Bark, Sweet
Fern and other better known herbs of the region. From Howell's book,
readers can learn to use local plants safely and consciously to improve
the health of their families or patients."
     David Winston, RH (AHG)
     Dean, Herbal Therapeutics School of Herbal Medicine

"An excellent, much needed resource on Southeastern herbs. Well thought
out and easy to follow."
     Tim Blakely, co-author of The Bootstrap Guide to
     Medicinal Herbs in the Garden, Field and Marketplace

"I often remind veterinarians that the foundation of botanical medicine
lies in the experience of learning all aspects of medicinal plants
thoroughly. This book guides the reader out of the classroom into the
fields and forest where plants become, to the student, more  tangible
sources of healing. Recommended for any practitioner who wants to deepen
their understanding of our native apothecary."
     Susan Wynn, DVM, RH (AHG), Executive Director,
     Veterinary Botanical Medical Association

How to Place Your Order

Telephone orders: (706) 746-5485. Please have your Visa/MasterCard ready.

Postal orders: BotanoLogos Books, PO Box W, Mountain City, GA 30562-0917

Price: $19.95 per book.

Shipping: U. S. $ 3.00 per book.  Call for international shipping price.

Sales Tax: Please add $1.40 per book for orders shipped to Georgia
addresses.

Note: Approximate shipping date is January 25, 2006.

Quick Order Form
Detach order form and mail, with payment, to:
BotanoLogos Books, PO Box W, Mountain City, GA 30562

Name: _____________________________________

Address: ___________________________________________________

City: __________________________ State: ______ Zip: _______-______

Telephone (days) _________________________

E-mail address ___________________________

Please send me ____ book/books.

___ Send all books to the above address.

___ Send books (1 each unless otherwise indicated) to the people listed
here.

Name ________________Addresss ___________________

          City __________ State ___ Zip _____

Name ________________Addresss ___________________

          City __________ State ___ Zip _____

          City __________ State ___ Zip _____

Please sign ____ copies.
Personalize with these names _________________________________

___ I've enclosed payment ($19.95 per book, plus shipping & GA sales tax.)

_____ Please charge my credit card (Visa or MasterCard) for $________.

Please send form and payment to:
BotanoLogos Books, PO Box W, Mountain City, GA 30562-0917