[MPWG] Malaria ,Artimisia and Africa

pankaj oudhia pankajoudhia at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 01:28:59 CDT 2005

Dear Group Members,

         I have read this article on Malaria

WHO Approves Artemisinin for Malaria in Africa
http://www.herbalgram.org/herbalgram/articleview.asp?a=2733

I am eager to know the performance of African Ethnomedicine in treatment of Malaria. If Malaria can be treated with the help of native herbs then what is the need of introducing exotic drug for treatment. In ancient Indian literatures related to different systems of medicine it is mentioned that any disease can be (and must be) treated with the help of herbs present in surrounding. There is no need to go far. The traditional healers of Indian state Chhattisgarh are also in favor of using native herbs.

I feel that the emphasis must be on the native anti-malarial herbs and African herbs are having enough potential to cure this trouble.

regards
Pankaj Oudhia